Saturday, August 04, 2018

blood sugar

  The medicine and the stress my procedure has placed on my body has made controlling my blood sugar difficult.  It is currently 79 which is about perfect for this time in the morning (I usually have breakfast at 4am) and my average for the week is128, which is too high for just before ones first meal.  The recommended level is in the high eighties.  Normal is 90 to 110.
  This is my highest weekly average in 13 weeks.  After my trip to the emergency room my reading shot up to over 240 although I had not eaten.  It isn't always food that causes a diabetic to lose control and contrary to popular opinion it isn't the consumption of sugar that causes all high readings.
  Not being able to exercise is taking it's toll too.  Simple tasks are sapping my energy.  I will be so glad when I can get back to the gym and my daily chores.  

No comments: