Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Fuishing Trip

   Yesterday I picked a friend up and headed out to City Lake park in Jamestown for a morning of fishing.  I baited my hooks in hopes of catching a big one or two for my friend.  He caught nine; none big enough to keep and I caught none.  It was a cool overcast morning so the day was perfect weather for being outdoors fishing.  I suppose the rains overnight had washed enough bugs into the water there wasn't much need for the fish to get excited about our bait.
  Even so, I enjoyed the day and so did my friend.  I know he was disappointed that we didn't catch enough for a meal but he came away with breakfast, a new rod and reel and a tackle box and I came away glad that I finally had gotten away for a while after being cooped up for a month while recovering from surgery.
   Hopefully we will have better luck Thursday when we try a friends private pond.  

No comments: