Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Mid-week church services

   I enjoy Wednesday night church services.  Prayers are more sincere and deeper and bible teaching is more informative.
  Our attendance on Sunday morning is increasing.  In fact it has almost doubled since I have been attending the church.  One thing I realized this morning is that almost half the people attending Sunday morning have little idea of who I am.  To most of them I am the man in the bow tie who operates the camera.  But there are many other things about me that these people do not know.  To know me is not the important issue here.  What is lacking is the many blessings that are being missed by not becoming more involved in Christian service.  
   I doubt that any of the ones who just come on Sunday mornings has ever said a prayer for me or any other member who is or has suffered physically.  None of the Sunday only crowd attend Sunday School so they are missing out on some great lessons from scripture.
   I am fully aware that some have good reasons for not being there on Wednesday nights.   Some have jobs that have them working late or have them out of town.  But most people just don't see the need to be there except Sunday morning.  I've noticed that the Wednesday people are actively involved in the church while the Sunday morning crowd have a more passive role.
  There is a difference in the services for me also.   On Sunday morning I am in a more giving role.  I teach a Sunday School class, I video tape the services, I am the church treasure, and occasionally I am called on to preform other tasks.  Sunday nights and Wednesday nights I am more of a receiver .  On Wednesday nights I take the prayer requests and do video tape the services but I have less to do with people and have more time to devote to the learning and study of scripture.  That's the part of church I enjoy the most.

No comments: