Saturday, November 24, 2018

Penis Clamp

   It's a real thing, a medical devise.  It sounds painful but it isn't really unless you wear it in the same spot all the time.  After my prostate surgery I had real problems with drainage from my side but after about a month that finally cleared up.  My prostate was so large I was told I would take at least twice as long to heal as most people do.  I was told most folks heal in six to eight weeks.  My operation was July 23 so I thought I would be further along than I am but my doctor isn't concerned.
  My biggest problem is not being able to control my bladder.  As long as I'm standing or sitting I'm find but if I stand up my bladder empties and it is difficult to make it 15 feet to the bathroom.  Sometimes I make it and sometimes I lose everything but most often it's a drip or a squirt with each step and I make it with about half.  It's uncomfortable, and embarrassing.  I wear nothing but black clothes even though I have on plenty of protection  my pants can still show moisture.
  My last visit to the cancer doctor, Tuesday of this week, he gave me a penis clamp.  It is a metal holder with foam padding that has vise like teeth and a metal ring.  One just places the clamp in the proper position and push the clamp down until it clicks and it prevents any leakage.  When one has to go relieve themselves, one just pushes the clips inward until the clamp pops open.  A word of caution:  one must be in a position to hit the urinal or commode because it empties at full force.
   The only disadvantage is that it cannot be worn at night so I must wear all the protection I can to wake up to dry bedding.  Still, it is much better than before.

No comments: