Thursday, November 29, 2018

Working inside because outside is too cold

  I prefer to be outdoors pulling weeds, mowing, tending to my flower beds, or just about anything else I can think of to keep me out of the house but it is just to cold.  I did pull the water pump from the pond and turn the system off for the winter but that's all I'm doing outside.  Instead, I gave myself the job of putting up extra shelving in my wife's closet so she can get her stuff off the floor.
  It was my idea, my money that purchased the supplies, my labor to put the shelving up, but I can't put them up until she is free to supervise.   Meanwhile, while I was at Lowes she vacuumed a cat toy into the vacuum cleaner but she doesn't want me to fix her vacuum.  It feels something like being a modern day TV husband.  Once upon a time, the TV dads were king of the roast, like in Father Knows Best and Leave it to Beaver but now father's and husbands are bumbling idiots and the butt of most of the jokes.
   It doesn't matter.  I did my measuring and cutting while she fixed lunch.  Gotta love her.  

No comments: