Saturday, December 22, 2018

buying a car is harder than it should be.

   One would think that car lots would be eager to sell a car but it turns out it's harder than it should be.  The crazy thing is I have the money to pay for the car in full.  Well, sort of.  I have 80% of it in cash.  The salesman told me when I picked the car out  that they could take a credit card but when I gave him mine he wanted to know if it could run it through as a debit card.  Why would I write you a check for a partial payment then have you withdraw the remainder out of my checking account via debit card?
    I told him I could finance the remainder until my needed funds are deposited but he couldn't tell me which credit reporting agency the dealership would use.  I told him I needed to know to unfreeze my credit.  The sales manager said that he would have their bank call me and I could give the bank my info.  I said "no thank you".  I have my credit frozen for a reason and I am not giving my information to a stranger so they can circumvent the process and gain access to my credit without me unfreezing it.  I'm not playing that stupid game.
   I has now been ten days since I first tried to purchase a car and I still don't have one and it will be sometime after Christmas   before I have the opportunity to get it.  If the dealership had been truthful about the credit card bit it would have saved me a trip to Greensboro.
   If I could have waited until the first of the year I would have more than enough cash to get the car outright but this is the vehicle I have been searching months for so I really hate to let it go.

No comments: