Thursday, December 13, 2018

News from the homefront

  Friday, December 7, 2018 was Pearl Harbor Day, my second day back to the YMCA swimming pool, and the date of the meeting to the Anchor Baptist Fellowship.  I was invited to be a guest speaker but I never made it.  I was involved in an automobile accident and had to get my pastor to come pick me up.
   My wife thinks I may have developed an allergy   to our cats.  Early last year I seemed to have developed a cold but didn't have all the cold symptoms.  I thought it might have been a sinus infection although I have never had one before.  I suffered through it and finally got better after a moth of agony.  Then the symptoms returned in the fall to I went to the doctor.  I have to be in serious discomfort to go to a doctor for routine ailments.  I was told I had allergies and given a prescription for Fluticasone propionate which helped a lot.  My prescription expired November 1, 2018 and my I used the last of my medicine a few weeks later.  Before the moth was up my symptoms returned.
  Clogged up nose, dry itchy throat and an annoying cough.  I sucked on cough drops, took an over the counter allergy medicine (which allowed me to sleep), used a nasal spray, and even took some night time cold medication but got little relief.  I requested a refill of my medication but never heard from the doctor or the pharmacy so I was just going to wait until my doctors appointment on the 14th.  My medicine came by mail yesterday.
    I thought I may have been allergic to pollen but my wife noticed that my symptoms were actually much better when   we were not come.  She thinks I may be allergic to my cats.
  I'll ask my doctor Friday.  

No comments: