Monday, December 03, 2018

adequate lighting

   Even after remodeling the kitchen we still had some lighting issues.  The main light in the kitchen is a florescent light.  Florescent lights are notorious for flickering when the temperatures are on the cool side.  But the main problem we were having is in the area where my wife keeps her recipe books and under the cabinet where my coffee maker is.  I get up early and one of the first thigs I do is fix my coffee and make my breakfast.   If I turn on the light in the dinning area, then I have enough light to wake the entire neighborhood.  The LED light fixture I installed is so bright I had to installed a dimmer switch to tone it down so we could open our eyes.
   I have had to open the microwave so I can see the button to turn on the light over the oven.  My wife is such a light sleeper I hate doing that because the slight noise is often enough to disturb her sleep.  The other day  she came home with two small LED lights to go under the cabinet.  I've tried them in the  past and found either the lighting inadequate or the device of poor construction or quality that it made it inconvenient to use.  But these units she purchased provide more than adequate light, come with three setting ( on, auto, and off).  Once up they stay up.  There are no  regular batteries to change.  The lights come with a recharging cord and if the batteries ever die then one can use the recharging cord as a regular plug.  On auto, the light is activated by motion so I no longer have to open the microwave to turn on a light or even use that light.  I can make breakfast and coffee with the light these little units provide.
  What a clever designed devise.

No comments: