Sunday, December 30, 2018

My life since Christmas

It's been five days since Christmas.  My wife I have quit long ago exchanging gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.  We now decided what item we want and then purchase it sometime when we really want it for our Christmas present.  One year it was new furniture, another year new computers, another year, a gas insert for our fireplace.  Most often as was true for this year, our Christmas shopping was completed before the beginning of summer.
   But I did have a nice surprise for my wife this year.  I purchased a newer model car for her this year.  I also have one other surprise for her that will come tomorrow: a Kitchen aid mixer.  I took the test Kitchen Aid gives to determine which mixer would be best for her but decided it wasn't nice enough to I got a different model.  It's something she has always wanted so I thought I'd get it for her while I have the money and while I am still alive to give it to her.
  As for myself I got a new tie clasp, a smile on my wife's face, and a New Year beginning with a few dollars in the bank and none owed to creditors save for our house payment.  For the past five years I have carried a debt for a local church but they were kind enough to pay the remainder of the loan if full and I've repaid the bank as well so I didn't have to pay the interest payment.
  Life is good.  I have a loving wife, a nice home, no debt,  a good church family and a loving God.    

No comments: