Monday, April 19, 2010

News from the home front

First I would like to report that someone went through my trash and took from the collection a weed whacker that had melted and an old leaf blower.

Some guy was sitting in my neighbors shed and must have thought my wife and I were curious about him. Actually we were watching the bluebirds checking out the new bluebird bird house I just erected. I was hoping for a family when I put the box up but my wife, ever the pessimist. bless her heart, said we wouldn't get one until next year. I didn't notice the guy in the wood box until my wife said the man was waving at us.

I'll be glad when my trees grow up so I can watch my fish and the birds without the neighbors thinking I'm looking at them.

On a more personal note I've lost 50 pounds and I am now below 200 for the first time in over a decade. Slowly but most sincerely, the weight is coming off and the health is imroving. Now if I can just figure out a way to get younger...

1 comment:

Dr Mary Johnson said...

Congratulations on the weight loss.

I know it's hard.