Saturday, April 10, 2010

Why do I blog?

Because I can. True, my blog is just one among thousands and most likely on of the leat read of all of them but I blog for me. In fact, I dropped my blog on Rsndolph is talking because I felt pressure from certain readers to not broach certain subjects and life could have become difficult for me if I had so the best thing I could do was to write on a blog they did not know existed.

Freedom of expression is grest and blogging is an excellent way of expressing one self. it also establishes the fact that we are all equal. True, certain celebrities will instantly have a fan base that I doubt I'll ever be able to generate in a lifetime of blogging but that is a status the reader gave them and not one that they were entitled too. I'm positive if i were rich and famous i would have a bigger readership too. But the point is not to gain readers but to exercise ones freedom of expression.

A favorite saying of mine is "One who doesn't read is no better off than one who can not read." I suppose the same can be said for freedom of the press. One who doesn't express himself is no better off than one who can not."

No comments: