Friday, April 02, 2010

Spring thing

With my neighbor's help my garden is dug, tilled and some crops are planted (cucumbers, tomatoes and bell peppers). Cherry trees in bloom, apple trees with new leaves, and grape vines showing signs of life, all signs that spring is really here and plants are waking up from their long winter's nap.

I planted a tomato garden for my mom yesterday and also planted some Iris nearer the front door so she can see them easier than where they had been on the far side of her house. I really enjoyed my visit with my mom yesterday but missed working in my own yard. My fish are eating and eating alot now. When things get a little warmer I'll clean my filters and do some spring maintenance on the ponds.

I still have some plants that are not showing any signs of life so I'll give them another week or so then really start to investigate if that is normal or if the plants aren't going to make it, or didn't make it. There are some I;m not positive of the life-cycle/ winter sleeping habits of so patience and time will give me the right answer.

Maybe I'm weird but I hate it when a plant dies. It's like I failed it.

1 comment:

Dr Mary Johnson said...

I fail all the time with plants. I did not inherit my Mother or my Grandmother's green thumb.