Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Opps, just a sleeping bird




I wanted to put all my pictures on a CD (which I have done many times in the past) but something went wrong today and all I am left with is the lastest picture of a sleeping bird. Last year I took a picture of a red finch sleeping on the edge of my birdbath and earlier this spring I had one fall asleep on a rock in the waterfall to my pond and now this one was sleeping on one of our many feeders.

It's nice to know the bird's feel safe enough in my yard to take a snooze just about anywhere.

The bluebird family is enjoying their new home, having moved in almost immediately after the house was built. I haven't checked to see how many eggs there are-I believe the birds are entitled to their privacy.

Pictures, or rather my ability at taking pictures, just doesn't seem to do my hard work in the yard justice. I took a picture of my cherry tree and it came out looking like a stick in the ground. The tree that was cut down recently could have been eight inches long or eighty feet: one could never tell from the picture. And the one I took of all my apple trees and cherry trees in a row only shows burned grass on the edge of the yard. None of the trees are really visible.

I do have two peaches on the tree I planted last year and all ny grape vines have grapes this year. Some of my apple trees are three feet tall now and look like sticks with leaves--no real branches to speak of,

Just think how happy all the birds will be when all these fruit trees and vines started producing. I know they aren't excited as they have no clue, I suppose, but they will come and enjoy.

No comments: