Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yard work

My wife and I purchased our first out building and I am really enjoying it. One really wouldn't think a storage shed would bring one enjoyment but it does. I don't have to protect my mower from the elements with a tarp(the blue vinyl kind, not the government bailout kind). I once lived somewhere where I had an out building but it was small even though it was useful. The one we have is 12 by 16 which is quite sufficient for most anything one would want an outbuilding for.

I now have a place to store my tools and yard equipment, a place for a work bench, and a place for growing my plants. It is an aluminum building so I insulated it and then put paneling up. On the outside my wife and I planted plants on three sides. The back side borders my Iris garden so no additional flowers will be needed there.

On the edge of the property there is a huge tree which was dead long before we moved in and looks as if it is decaying quickly. We are having it removed tomorrow which will not only make the yard look better, it will make two old people feel much safer.

I enjoy working in the yard and like watching things grow, especially flower gardens planted with plants that bloom in sequence as the weather changes so the yard appears to be constantly in motion, like ones property is doing the wave to the angels in the sky.

No comments: