Saturday, July 17, 2010

Old Age

I get mail from funeral homes wanting me to invest in my burial, from hearing aid companies wanting to help me hear better, and now from the scooter store wanting to help me get around better. I'm not ready to die and i move just fine. my hearing needs help (I do wear hearing aids but that is due to my having been a ditty chaser in the service and to loud jet engines and gun fire from Vietnam, not my age.

True, my body hurts more and things don't work as good as they once did but the truth is, I can keep up with just about anyone over thirty and many under that age.

So please, don't anyone fel sorry for me because I'm getting old. A guy at work used to make off hand comments about my age until I asked him who would die first, a young man or an old man. He said the older man woud. I asked if he was going to die when he was young or old and he said he didn't know. "Well", I said ' if you died before i do, then that would mean you are older than I am. And i intend to outlive everyone here."

That was the last I heard from him about my age.

No comments: