Friday, July 23, 2010

Sherrod gets biggest 'I'm sorry' - from Obama

No conspiracy theory here but this is a made to order situation that makes whites, especially, conservative whites look really bad. I'm not going to start a discourse
about pride or prejudice. If you want to know my views on the subject, they have been posted before so you will have to look it up yourself.

All I am going to say is that no all white Anglo-Saxon Protestant (WASP) conservative southern in dependant fundamental pre-millennial country Baptists are anything like what we are portrayed to be. I understand the point the guy was trying to make: there are racists among those you live to expose and fight racism but with the lady getting fired and apologized to and all the media attention on this mans supposedly manipulation of the truth to suit his own agenda, it looks like things have backfired on him and whites again are portrayed as the purveyors of hate.

White people are just black people with less pigmant or different pigment, whatever the case may be, thae the sooner we all recognize that in reality, we are all the same, the better off we will be.

1 comment:

Dr Mary Johnson said...

Dale, I've posted my own take - you'll probably read it sometime.

The thing that chilled me most when I first saw the video was not Sherrod's admission . . . but the reaction to it by like-minded and similarly colored-people . . . BEFORE she fashioned her admission into a lesson.

It reminded me of the reaction to the OJ verdict. Two white people were brutally-murdered and blacks all over the country cheered.

For people like me (someone who grew up in the late 60's and 70's . . . and who was as close to color-blind as I think somone in the South can be) it was an eye-opening moment.

And it appears things have not changed since then.

Breitbart is taking a lot of heat - and deservedly so. But for anyone who views the tape in total context, he actually did prove his point - for all that the point was missed because he emphasized the wrong thing.