Monday, August 02, 2010

c ustomer Service

Sometimes even when one pays a company to be nice to them, one doesn't get one's money wort6h. Like what happened with AARP. Then, out of the blue, one finds a company with good customer service.

My wife bought me a new processor and I wanted two opitcal drives which she said she ordered but it came with only one. I wasn't happy so I called HP and we went over my packing slip and order form and it seemed obvious it wasn't ordered. I thought HP had made the mistake so when the tech offered to sell me a part for $59.99 that I should have had installed for $20.00 I wasn't happy. I indicated that during the satisfaction survey and asked for a higher up to call.

Today one did. I explained to him that my wife ordered the part for me because it had been her mistake. The picture showed two optical drive doors so she assumed it came with two but it only comes with one. I exp0lained to the supervisor that I was initially upset to have to pay $60.00 and install the part myself when it could have been installed at the factory for twenty bucks but I trealized it was our fault.

He said he would split the cost with me and issue me a $30.00 credit. "But it was our mistake. You don't need to do that," I protested.

"No, we want to do that You have been issued a thirty dollar credit."

I appreciate good customer service Thatks HP.

No comments: