Sunday, August 01, 2010

computer

Yes, my new computer is pretty, and fast too. Tested its upload speed at 1486, almost twice as fast as the average computer. But I am finding some short comings though. For one, I tried to create a backup disk and a standard disk doesn't have enough room and a memory stick has to be formatted, which the computer can't do. I tried to play some of my old games and the computer doesn't have free cell or spider so I tried to load a card game CD and the computer isn't set up to play games created when XP and such came out.

Also Windows 7 doesn't come with Outlook Express (I suppose one has to purchase Word to get that) but I perfer Open Office. The only thing I don't like about Open Office is one can't number pages on a document unless you number them one at a time.

Other than that, I am more than happy with the computer. I set my old one up in the storage shed. I can play my old games there and also write notes and etc but i have to come inside to look up any info. I'm gettin my wife a laptop and we hooked her old one to the TV.

ne thing nice about this computer is i can use a security software without dragging my computer to a standstill. I wonder how fast it would be if I testred it with security installed? Doesn't matter. It is fast enough.


Well, I'll be. After this post i was looking around playing with different buttons and I found free cell and spider.

No comments: