Saturday, August 28, 2010

The finger

My neighbor has two boxer pups. Back in the spring I saw one of them digginh up flowers in my flower bed but I had no idea then where the dog came from. I called animal control but they said I had to call the police so I did. On several occasions after that the dog, or as I found out later, dogs have been in my yard and for some reason feel they have to dig something up or tear something down. Each time i have notified the police but they say they can't do anything about the dogs unless the police actually see the dog off the owners property.

Now why does that sound familiar? (See my post abpout being attacked in Morganton a few months ago).

Two weeks ago one of the dogs jumped into my water pond. I had wondered why one of my baby koi died and now I have a good suspicion as to how and why. Anyway, i called the police again and again the dog was back home before the cops got there. Thursday I went to Hickory to see Mom and my wife called me to tell me one of the boxers tried to get into the pond but seemed confused by the net. She said she told the neighbor her dog was trying to get into the pond and the lady shot my ife a good view of her middle finger and said "F..k you and your f..king husband."

When the police arrived the women told the cops the only pet problems in the neighborhood was our cat coming in their yard and bothering their dogs. first of all, we don't have a cat and secondly I can't believe two boxers would be intimitated by a cat.

The responsible thing to dowould be for either our neighbors make sure to follow the law and lease their pets or build a fence (even if it is an invisible fence) or find another home for their dogs. Boxers are fairly large dogs and not the most friendly of pets and they have caused me plenty of property damage. i hate having to call the police but the people next door keep promising to take proper precautions but repeatedly fail to do so.

No comments: