Friday, November 02, 2012

I know the answer to the doctors question

On October 17 of this year my wife fell and landed on the right side of her face.  She appeared to be briefly passed out but only for a few seconds.  When she was able to get back on her feet she was concerned about her vision, thinking something had happened to her glasses.  It wasn't long before I realized something was wrong and took her to the hospital.  The local facility could not help her so transferred her to Wake Forest Baptist in Winston-Salem. 

There it was determined that she had a brain hemorrhage.  After a three day stay she was released.  She was told she could return to work in a week and that her vision should recover shortly and her headache should go away.  The only thing they recommended was she keep an appointment with her regular doctor on the 24th and return to see them on 11-12. 

Her vision did not clear up and her headache did not go away.   Sunday, the 28th, I was summoned out of church and found the paramedics, relatives and police at my house.  Along it was obvious that something had happened to my wife she was lucid enough that she could not be taken to the hospital against her will.  The next day, Monday, around ten am I found her on the floor.  This time I sent her to Cone in Greensboro. 

She spent 5 days there and extensive testing was done including an MRI.  After all was said and done it was determined that the blood on the brain did not appear to be in a section of the brain where one would find blood from a fall but no evidence of an aneurysm was present.  No cause could be determined for her double vision or the tinkling/numbness in her left hand.  She did have evidence of
seizures or mini-strokes most likely caused by the flaking of the drying blood. 

I know why the doctors saw no evidence of the ANEURYSM that caused the initial fall.  Just after she arrived at the hospital in Mt. Airy I called my pastor.  He imitiately called the evangelist in charge of the church fellowship who alerted all the churches.  Then our pastor called the church members.  I called my mother who called her church and my brothers and her brother and they called their churches.  Then Mom called the churches that had given her support over the years.

That is a lot of churches praying in such a quick fashion that over 27 churches were involved before my wife ever arrived in Winston-Salem.  The main request was that she be healed from her aneurysm. 

Now I know that that all aneurysms leave evidence of themselves for CAT scans and MRI's to pick-up but from the amount of blood on her brain and the central location of the injury the aneurysm should have been large enough to detect.  Exactly what has happened has the doctors puzzled but I believe that prayer changes things and that is exactly what happened here.  God is truly wonderful. 

No comments: