Friday, November 02, 2012

To the Unbeliever

I know that some will read the story about my wife and how I believe that God intervened and they will remain unconvinced.  "If there is a God, why did He let your wife fall?"  would probably be their first argument against there being a God or one that cares anyway. 

The scriptures tell us that God "made the rain to fall on the just and the unjust equally."  Stuff happens and it happens to whomever it happens to.  Be ye bad or good, rich or poor, black or white, an American or not, a believer or not, stuff happens.  The fact that she had an aneurysm has nothing to do with her as a person and was not caused by God.  I know some Christians claim that nothing happens unless it is Gods will and in a way that is true.  God has an active will and he has a permissive will.  God's permissive will allows things to happen to whomever they happen to.  He does nothing to cause or to prevent some things. 

The evidence is there to support the theory that my wife's fall was caused by an aneurysm  which put her life in grave danger.  I firmly believe without the power of prayer she would have died that day or shortly afterward from one of the strokes. 

I do know that I am giving and will continue to give God the praise and glory for answering the prayers of his people and intervening in my wife's health and saving her life.  There is no other logical explanation for what has happened.  Doctors are two of the finest hospitals in the state will tell you the same thing. 

No comments: