Thursday, February 05, 2015

Check engine light in on again.

A few weeks back when it was nice, warm and sunny outside I washed by van.  Under the hood was covered in willow oak leaves so I made the mistake of washing them away.  Later when I went to drive the van it wasn't wanting to act right.  The check engine light came on so I took it to the shop but they found nothing wrong.  About three days after getting the van back the check engine light came on again and my mechanic still could find nothing wrong.  today coming back home from Hickory I was halfway to Randleman from Archdale when the check engine light came on again. 
   It is either a reaction to a fill-up in Thomasville  or there is something wrong under the hood. 
The first test showed a possible fouled plug in cylinder number six but it wasn't conclusive.  The second test showed absolutely nothing.  It did seem that sometimes when I needed to accelerate the engine wanted to bog down a bit.  It seemed that if I let off of the gas pedal and then accelerate the engine would pick up speed.  The van seemed as if it ran a little rougher at times.  maybe I do have some fouled plugs. 
   I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

No comments: