Monday, February 06, 2017

Upsetting upset

I don't know how to feel about the results of last night's game.  I'm sure if you are an Atlanta fan you are upset by the collapse of your team.  If you are a Patriots fan, I'm sure you are excited about the brilliant comeback.  It's all in the perspective. 
  Back when I used to work, it seemed I worked every Super Bowl Sunday  so it does me no good to want to see one.  It has been many years since I've even seen any kind of football game.  Even so, one can't help but see highlights, hear or see scores and hear others talk so it's not like one can live with their head in the sand.  I know Atlanta has always been a tough game for the Panthers.  I remember last year when the Panthers had a perfect season and had already beaten Atlanta twice by good margins and should have beat them soundly a third time but lost anyway. 
  I wanted to check some things on the computer last night after church and I saw the wide spread Atlanta had over New England and was totally surprised.  I would not have been had New England been winning.  As I saw the score getting closer my thoughts were did the Patriots linger too long before staging their big comeback?  It's like a cat playing with it's prey.  Even though the cat usually wins once prey is caught  now and then one makes a lucky escape. 
  I found out this morning that the cat won last night.  Sad, in a way.

No comments: