Friday, February 03, 2017

Super Bowl

  I have never, ever sat down in front of a TV set, popped a beer, and watched a football game.  The closest I came was I had been invited to watch the  game with a friend who was a manager at a
big hotel in downtown Greensboro  and he had reserved a room to watch the game.  There were some there that consumed alcohol.  Actually, I think that is about the last time I ever watched a Super bowl game.  It seems my Sunday to work always fell on that particular Sunday.  Once I tried to avoid contact with anyone who had anything to do with knowing the score so I could go home and watch the recorded version and I made it to closing time and was headed to my car to go home  but someone asked me how I felt about a certain team winning the game which kind of spoiled the game for me. 
  
   I would catch a regular season game from time to time but that was seldom.  I remember when I first went to work for Harris-Teeter I worked four out of every five Sundays and worked 13 straight during one stretch.  One day I read where there were only about 7 or 8 minutes of actual action during the average football game and whenever I watched one I was conscious on the down time and the game became really boring to me.  I know that it has been at least 8 years since I have watch a football game including pre-season, regular season and playoffs. 
  People say baseball is boring but if baseball kept score like football does, there would be plenty of games where teams would score 50 to 200 points per game.  If football teams scored 28 to 70 points per team per game, that would be some wild offense. 
  But even though I never watch and I never hope Atlanta beats anyone, I will still feel good if the Falcons beat the Patriots. 

No comments: