Saturday, September 29, 2012

My favorite cats

My first one was a black and white tom we named whiskers.  We got him before I started school and I remember he loved raw liver.  After whiskers ran off in search of love Mom got me a persian but she let it out of the house and it was ran over trying to follow me to the bus stop when I was in the first grade. 

My next car was a wild thing I named Sassy.  She could run around a room on the walls and never touch the floor.  She was always close to me but I had friends that never saw her once in ten years as Sassy didn't care for people. 

I had a white cat that had a yellow eye and a blue eye.I named her Angel and she had two babies on a February 14.   Both were solid white with blue eyes and one was a boy and the other was a girl.  I named them Valentine and Cupid.  I also had a female Siamese name Ginger. 

Then I had Fred, an orange Tabby that had previously belonged to a man who committed suicide.  Fred, a female, was my constant companion and helped me through the loss of my wife.  We were so close that Fred actually had her first litter while laying on my lap.  I put a heavy towel over my legs to make her more comfortable while I comforted her.  When the kittens came she stayed right on my lap. 

I also had a black cat named midnight.  He was a male and not graceful at all. 

Presently I have two kittens.  One is a tortoise shell short-hair I got free from a pet store and she was born on April 4, 2012.  I named that one Ryder because she roade home loose in the car and seemed to enjoy the trip.  The other kitten, a gray Long hair, was picked up from the shelter the same day.  She was infested with fleas and sick and very much underweight. 

We named her Smokeybecause she is a soft gray color with a hint of brown that gives her a smokey color.  She was very sweet and timid and has gained weight really fast and during the last month has become very active and engaged in all kitty playing.  She is the really cute one and perfers my wifes lap when she is home.  Ryder perfers to lay on my legs (below the knee) when she feels the need for a nap. 

Which kitten out of all of them is my favorite? 

All cats have characteristics that are common to all cats.  They eat, sleep, and kill.  They are like shampoo in that regards.  Eat, sleep, kill, repeat.   But each has their own unique personality and I loved them all. 

To tell the truth I'll have to get back to you with that answer. I just dont rightly know the answer to that question. 

No comments: