Saturday, September 22, 2012

Summer is officially over

Today is the first full day of autumn 2012.,  The leaves are beginning to turn and fall off of the trees.  I'm glad we have many of the trees cut over at the church so I don't have to work as hard on that part of maintenance.  Of course I still have a quarter acre of weeds to clear, made all the more difficult by all the tree trunks laying around that part of the property.  At least the weather is cooler and mowing will soon be over.

The mower I was using at the church gave up the ghost this week.  It was only two seasons old and it was a good mower.  It just quit suddendly never to run again.  I'll be 66 soon and mowing as these yards with a walk behind is getting touch on the old guy, especially since I keep making the yard bigger.  I was hoping to have enough pumpkins to rasise money to purchase a lawn tractor but the church has more pressing needs than my comfort.

Maybe you'll be able to take a drive up the blue ridge parkway to enjoy the fall foilage.  I sure would like to do that myself. 

I don't much care for winter but I am looking forward to the cool fall breezes and the more pleasant temperstures. 

I hope you have a great season and hope to see you in church soon.    

No comments: