Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Dishonesty in the Brotherhood

    I have two brothers, one older and one younger, and we have never been close.  I may have mentioned a time or two that my brothers, particularly my older brother has not only never warmed up to me, he often has been hostile.  I have always believed that a person tends to kick against his own evils.  How often does one read about the President of the local substance abuse agency get pulled over for drunk driving, or the local bully who singles out gay people to harass and then gets caught in a homosexual act.   I think that is true of some preachers who rail against one particular type of sin only to have it discovered that was his vise. 
   I mentioned preachers because they tend to be more vocal and have speaking opportunities that most of us do not have but I believe this truth crosses all lines of work.  The policeman that takes bribes, the law and order politician that is caught embezzling, the husband who constantly accuses his wife of cheating while he is having an affair, and the murderer who attempts to aid the police in solving the latest murder. 
    All these many years my older brother has accused me of trying to scheme to deprive the family of their inheritance when Mom passes away and has blocked every effort I have made to help her up until a year ago when she ended up in a rest home.  Of course over the years he had convinced my Mom that I was untrustworthy so both .he and my younger brother have financial power of attorney but I was left to handle her financial affairs with no access to the necessary information. 
  After I had successfully gotten Mom qualified for Medicaid  older brother took over paying the bills except that he never really paid them.  Each month I wrote the checks and had Mom sign them.  Mom has been on Medicaid for a year now and she is broke.  It shouldn't be but she has $24.00 left in her account.  She receives $90.00 a month from the VA which cannot be used to pay bills with but there it is, gone too. 
  I asked my younger brother for help.  Fortunately he is a CPA and he discovered   that my older brother has taken out over $4,000.00 from Mom's account to pay his own bills with.  I'm going to give him a little while to make good then I'll let the law take over if he continues to say he isn't responsible for all of it, implying that I was dishonest too.  This time I have proof. 

No comments: