Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Not what I wanted for Christmas

My wife and I usually don't exchange gifts at Christmas time.  We seldom even put up a tree.  We do love the Christmas season and are normally busy doing things for others.  We prefer to get something expensive sometime during the year.  One year we purchased a gas fireplace insert, another year it was living room furniture, another time it was new computers.  This year we didn't need anything really so I bought something special for her and she did the same for me.  We even put up a tree, howbeit a 2 foot desk top model with lights but it is big enough for us. 
  We never have friends stop over and family lives to far away.  I'm glad because this way no one is disappointed when we find other things to do so we don't have to see each other.  Well, that last statement isn't exactly true.  I do have some family members that I care a lot about. 
  Anyway, my wife and I had not planned on anymore expenditures this holiday season but our heat pump started acting up again.  Some kind of part was not working properly and had to be replaced.  The part itself was inexpensive but the labor to replace the part would be almost the amount of the entire bill, estimated to be around $1100.00.  The unit is almost twelve years old and we have spent  a lot of money keeping it repaired.  Enough. in fact, to be enjoying a new one so instead of repairing this hold unit once again enjoying a new one is exactly what we are going to do. 
  We were told it would be installed by Wednesday.  Our present unit is a Trane and I really didn't want another one.  Our new unit is going to be a Coleman.  The kind I'd really like cost almost twice as much (and maybe cheaper in the long run but there is never a guarantee).  I think the Coleman is a pretty good unit.  I sure hope so.      It's not exactly what I wanted for Christmas.

No comments: