Monday, December 26, 2016

double success

ration   This is being posted from my new computer.  I successfully access my blog.  The only disappointment for the day was that both the banks and post office are closed today b meaning some important documents will have to wait a day or two longer to get mailed. 
   I hope you had a Merry Christmas.  I did.  Our Christmas play went well and we had two ladies get saved.  I visited Mom and discovered her in good spirits in spite of her having double pneumonia.  Even though yesterday was Christmas it was still Sunday and we had a handful at church.   It seems to me that if there was one day a Christian would want to be in church it would be the day we celebrated the birthday of Christ.  I realize that there is a lot of preparation to be done for Christmas dinner and the kids want to open and play with their presents.  It reminds me of the time that Jesus stopped by to visit some friends.  One busied herself in the kitchen making dinner and trying to make everything just so so while her sister just sat at the feet of Jesus.  Jesus reminded the lady that the one who sat at his feet did the more needful thing for He wasn't always going to be with them. 
  I believe dinner can wait, the toys aren't going to disappear, and the children aren't going to die before church services are over.  To me it just goes to show where our hearts really lay. 

No comments: