Friday, December 30, 2016

Double lesson on Sunday

  We did not have Sunday School on Christmas Day so this coming Sunday, January 1, 2017 church will begin 15 minutes early so we can teach the lesson from the 25th as well as the less for the 1st.  
I don't mind teaching two lesson at one time but these two lessons are radically different.  Glad I'm not the teacher.  I have secretly been looking for my replacement for a few years now and have not found anyone knowledgeable enough to teach an interesting class or someone I could stand to  listen to for even half an hour. 

  The only person qualified to teach the adult Sunday School class thinks Sunday School is his opportunity to deliver a mini-sermon.  I did manage to get another person elected as my substitute teacher and he has taught a couple of times.  His first lesson was awful.  He was intimidated by my style and try to over teach but needed up reading to the class the onions of learned men which was not only dry and boring but well over the understanding of the class.  His second lesson was much better.Still, he isn't the person the class needs.
 
   Not one to give up, I looked to one of the new members and he is teaching this Sunday.  If he is well received by the class then I will take steps to turn the class over to him.     

No comments: