Friday, December 11, 2009

Questionable Wisdom

I was listening to a call-in talk show which was offering up the topics of global-warming and Obamas Nobel Peace Prize as topics for discussion. One caller was raving about the business savy of a former vice-president, Al Gore. In discussing the man business venture, the caller mentioned that it took a minimum investment of 3 million dollars to become part of the Gore business venture.

"If I had three million dollars to invest I would he exclaimed and in a few years I'd be a millionaire."

Uh, I think if he had three million dollars to invest, he would already be a millionaire--a multi-millionaire. If in a few years he would be a millionaire that would mean he had lost 2/3rds of his investment.

I believe I'll continue to get my investment advice from another source.

No comments: