Friday, December 18, 2009

Sherlock Holms: the movie

I have a complete collection of all the works of Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes and have watched several shows and movies based on that character but I will no being going to the theater to see Robert Downey Jr. in the newest Sherlock Holmes movie.

One reason is from viewing a trailer, there seems to be special effects embellishments and is not needed in a good Sherlock Holmes story and they second, and most compelling reason, is it stars Robert Downing Jr.

It seems that he once filmed himself having sex with a minor. I vowed then never to see anything with him in it and so far I have kept my promise to myself. I just cant bring myself to support some one who does something so wrong.

"Even so. even if I loved Robert Downey Jrs. work, I still would not see this film.

Did you know that Helm never said "Elementary, my dear Watson."

Watson wasn't a bumbling idiot as most people think. He didn't have the powers of observation that Sherlock had or the ability to link little things together but he was a valuable aid to Holmes on many occasions.

Holmes did say "it is elementary." on two occasions.

The closest thing to special effects in a Holmes mystery was the use of fluorescent paint in ""The Hounds of Baskerville."

No comments: