Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Yemen

Back in the day I was young and naive about the world. I was sitting at my MSD position in Sabana Saka, Puerto Rico when I received a message that had originated in South Yemen. It was definitely anti-American but I had no idea of the significance of that message. I received an accommodation for intercepting that communique. It seems it was the first message that had been copied from that area in many years. It gave this country a location and frequency of a possible source for uswful intelligence.

Vile people, even back then. I know countries go to war from time to time and some countries have a deep distrust of each other but I have never heard expressions of hatred for others, even in war time, I I heard from these people towards Americans. This hate was directd at us not because of anything we did or didn't do but just because we were.

I still don't understand that point of view.

No comments: