Thursday, March 24, 2011

Call me a fool

Dear Webmaster,

My name is Sherry, and my company Topspot-Promotions represents online sport sites in various domains. We are looking at reputable sites to offer them profitable opportunities to help promote some of my clients sites.

We would like to know if you are interested in working with us on this. For further details please don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,
Sherry Williams
Advertising Consultant
Business Development Department
Sherry.Williams@topspot-promotions.net
http://www.topspot-promotions.net


I received the above message in my e-mail. to have someone comment on one of my posts is a rare occasion although I actually did get a conversation started a couple of times over the years. I doubt seriously any company worth its salt is going to be reading my blogs in search of a site to place advertisers with. I have two sites, for those of you who do not know that. One is basically for what I think is news and the other is for venting or or thoughts or feelings or whatever I wish to post there. Sometimes I post the same thing on both sites and sometimes I post whatever I want to on either site so, having no firm game plan so to speak, how can anyone match an advertiser with my sites(unless of couarse, we are talking about ads from mental health facilities as one probably has to be crazy to read my blogs)?

Contacting me was the first tip-off that the company was not legitimate. I don't do business with people who contact me door-to-door nor do I do business with people who contact me via e-mail. If I want or need something I'll seek it out.

Secondly, contacting me was the second sign that they were, or aren't legitimate. I know, it's the same reason twice, but I use the tip because its a blog, not a website, yet she wants to help me build a website. If you have read my blog, you would know I'm definetly different. I'm a cartoon character from Mars for goodness sake.

Thirdly, I knew it was a scam because I did my reasearch on line before I responded.

Less people would be taken advantaged of if they thought before they acted. Act, don't react.

No comments: