Friday, March 04, 2011

NFL labor Talks

It's hard to care about multi-millionaire's wanting more and the people who have want they want (owners) and I don't. I can't believe anyone really thinks football has more action than baseball. After all, the football is only in play 7 to 8 minutes per game.

Actually a lot of sports games are boring like bowling, golf, football, soccer, stock car racing, and almost anything involving snow.

Basketball is sort of an exception: the sport has a lot of action but is still boring.

I haven't a clue what the football players are negotiating for and I really don't care. If they never play another game it would be okay with me.

I know some people eat and sleep football but it is supposed to onoy be a game and games are played to entertain us, just like watching a good drama on TV or seeing an action flick at the theater. We don't see Oscar bars where people are gathered around a TV set, beer in hand, betting and braggin about the best movie, actor, supporting actor, what-ever, like it was what life is about.

Sorts should be no different.

I've been a Giants (baseball Giants) fan since I was eleven. Win or lose, I've been a steadfast fan. But they aren't my team. They won the World Series this year but they were not the best team in baseball. Just the best on a particular day. I love the game: playing, coaching, watching. It's just more fun if one has a favorite team but some people just take it too serious. It's not the stuff life is made for. Your family is.

men wear their favorite teams colors but you never see anyone wearing a jacket that says "I love my wife." Some people have bumper stickers that proclaim their affection for their dog or their truck but not their famiily.

I for one am not crazy about football but I am about my wife. I care what happens with her. Unlike a football fan, if my wife has a bd day I'm there to support her and help her. I never boo nor wish I could trade her for the one Joe has and the one Joe has waiting in the wings, to be named later.

Nope, football players want to quit playing for awhile it's perfectlyokay with me.

No comments: