Thursday, December 15, 2011

almost cynical

It seems when one has been disappointed by Christian friends, ignored by loved ones, and leery of strangers, even the well dressed friendly ones who only seem to want to help but really want to trick or scam you, it is good to read about the secret Santa's and the not-so-secret Santa's this Christmas who are paying off lay aways of struggling families, especially at K-Mart stores. 

I know this is a common practice of one of the talk show hosts from 101.1 FM talk radio and I am thinking it is Clark Howard but I'm not really positive.  It might be Neal Bortz as I most often listen to those two, as much for the time they are on and the time I am in my vehicle driving somewhere although I have to admit I find both men interesting. 

I don't know if they paid lay aways or not but I know they frequently go into a Walmart store and look for the poorest looking person who is purchasing things for children and they will pay for the purchase.  They do this around Christmas every year and have suggested that others do the same.  I don't know if their idea finally caught on or if this is a new phenomenon that started spontaneously but it is a good thing. 

No comments: