Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sad times/ a shrinking church

I feel sad for the little church that I attend and I don' know how to fix the problem.  One lady, 92 now, had one leg operated on and she fell because of it shortly after and hurt herself really bad so she hasn't been able to attend.  Another lady, one severly injured in an auto accident that left her barely able to function has found a boyfriend so she is attending his church now. 
  Our newest members, recently converted, have so many problems in their personal lives that prevent them from attending on a regular basis.  Our missionary has gone out on deputation so he can no longer attend.  Another member only comes when he brings his mother-in-law, the lady who fell and can no longer come. 
  Being a small as we are there are things larger churches can offer that we cannot so it is hard to interest people in coming to our little building.  It is discouraging for our pastor who lives in Thomasville.  We just don't have the workers who can go out nor the money to do much other than survive with. 
  What we need is lots of Xhristians to remember One Way Baptist in their prayers.  If we can get people to pray for our church I believe we will begin to grow.  I have DVD's of our pastor so if anyone wants one please send me an e-mail and let me know how to get it too you.  I will provide them at no cost to any and all who will ask for one. 
  I want everyone to know about Christ and how One Way is trying our best to preach the word.  If we can survive 2012 I believe one day we will grow into a large church that can be a big influence in the lives of our community but people have to support us through their prayers at least.  I don't think it is too much to ask that Christians pray for our pastor and our church.

No comments: