Saturday, December 17, 2011

beach boys

It's hard to believe the Beach Boys are celebrating 50 years together.  Yea, I guess so since I listened to them when I was young.  I think back over the years and how music and listening to music has changed.  The first record I ever purchased was Little Richie and was titled "Good Golly Miss Molly" 

When I was thiteen  WHKY played rock and roll between 9 and 10 pm on a program called night train and I had to rig a portable radio with a headphone to listen to the program.  My parents would have punished me severly had they caught me listening to that kind of music.  A couple of years later WIRC was bold enough to play rock and roll from 5 till 6 pm. 

Back then very few kids had cars, no one used drugs except real gangsters and schools were still segregated.  It seems like a different lifetime although today is a totally different world from the one I was born into.

Anyway, congratulations to the Beach Boys.  Fifty years is a long time in this world. 

1 comment:

dsprl2000 said...

I'mnot a hugeBeach Boy fan but i DO LIKE MOST OF THEIR MUSIC