Monday, December 05, 2011

Beauty or the beast

WhenI made a comment that I prefer to be married to a good woman rather than just a pretty woman, some people assumed that my wife was ugly. People don't have to be the beauty or the beast. The story was that Christie Brinkley owed $531,000.00 in back taxes. I commented that there was a line from movie where a man says to a woman "you are so beautiful you deserve a good life". I believe the movie was "Water for Elephants" in which a vet who narrowly missed getting his degree from Yale falls in love with the wife of the owner of a circus while he was in their employ. She didn't deserve anything more than anyone else. My first wife was a beautiful woman and looked so much younger than she really was but she was uneducated and self-centered and the older she got the less caring she became. She died of a heart attack and my second wife was a tall long-legged beauty that I discovered was more self-centered and selfish that my first wife was. When I married again I married a woman for her character rather than just her physical beauty. It doesn't matter what she looks like. She makes me happy and is the most important person in my world and I make her happy and she views me as important in her life as well. That is to be desired far above mere looks alone.

No comments: