Saturday, December 31, 2011

It does happen

many years ago I was passing through High Point and was stopped at a traffic light.  I had just dropped my wife off at work and didn't realize she had left the passenger door unlocked.  While I was waiting for the light to change a woman jumped into my truck and urged me to take off. 
I told her to get out of the truck but before I could convince her to leave a police cruiser pulled behind me and pulled his blue lights on. 

He asked me to step out of the truck and then asked for my lincense and registration.  I handed him my license and told him my registration was in the truck so he allowed me to retrieve it.  For some stupid reason I tossed my wallet on the front seat.  Anyway I told the sargeant what had happened and he then told me to stand by my truck while he talked to the woman.  She was arrested on some charge as she was the one the police were looking for. 

When I was let go I picked up my wallet and noticed my money was gone.  I told the cops and the sargeant searched the woman and found the money in the exact amount and in the exact denominations I told him I had.  Instead on returning the money he stuck it in his pocket and told me to have a nice day.  'I want my money" I said.  "You can have it back once my investigation is over" he replied. 

I never saw the money again. 

I still support the police but don't necessarily trust them.

Web

  • PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - A police chief accused of stealing $714 from a stripper's purse after a car chase is now facing a federal lawsuit that alleges he violated the ...
    • www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/national/136261303.html
    • . Cached Page

No comments: