Sunday, May 20, 2012

perferct record

The baseball season ended last night for the Randleman Reds, an eleven and twelve year old baseball team and the team accomplished a perfect winless season. 

It's not as bad as it sounds.  The next to the last game we played the team we played in game one.  we lost that game 24-2 but played to a 4-5 loss in extra innings in our final matchup.  That's progress. 

My problem is with the post season tournament.  My team only had eleven players.  One is going to the beach that week and one playe quit on the last day.  That only leaves nine.  One player didn't show up because he had somnething else would rather do and another only wants to pitch so he decided he didn't want to play the second game.    

I had one player I cited for unsportsman-like conduct and had I had the players I would have sat him out but for the sake of the team and the players from others teams I played him anyway.  Only six players made every game and 5 made every practice.  I hate not playing in the post season tournament for those guys.  I received permission to play a player that didn't join the team until halfway into the season in the tournament so I have 9 eleigible players but one of those will be at the beach so I'll only have eight and one is undependable and the other has a bad attitude. 

Considering  we have lost 15 games in a row including scrimmage and pre-season, I have no assistant coach to help, only 8 players and one with a bad attitude, and parents and kids have to pay to get into the tournament, I am considering not entering.

What do you think?



No comments: