Thursday, May 10, 2012

Stealing yourown stuff from the thief

A story on MSN tells about a man who had his bicycle stolen and when he saw it later he srole it back. 

I remember when I was a student at Sam Houton State 8-track tapes were popular so many people bought 8-track tape players for their cars.  A fellow student and friend had his player stolen and he wasn't happy about it.  One night several of us were with him when he pulled into an A & W drive-in for a late night meal.  After he said he was going to steal someone else's player to replace the one that was stolen from him I decided I would go inside to place my order.  In my defense, I didn't really believe he was going to steal a player but just in case he did, I didn't want to have any knowledge of the crime.

After returning to the car with my order, my friend quickly backed out of his parking place and took off.  Laying on the floor was an 8-track tape player.  'You really didn't steal that, did you" I asked in disbelief that I actually knew a thief.     

"Sort of but not really," he replied.  "I just stole my own 8-track."   

No comments: