Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Myrtle Beach Summer Snow and blue heron




The picture of the bird is the critter that has been eating my fish.  I put a net over the pond and it became stuck in it.  It is a little small than a crow but larger than a blackbird and has a long neck.  I'm not exactly sure what kind of bird it is but it should be a member of the heron or egret family. 

The neighbors cat, which caught a squirell yesterday, came over and thought it had a free meal but I cut the bird free from the net and set it free.  It promptly flew back into the net so I had to capture it and set it free the secon time.  This time it flew back into the net again soI had to recue it the third time.  It finally flew off.  If it comes back either the cat or I willdo away with the creature.

The bottom photo is of a phenomenon I saw at Myrtle Beach State Park in S. C., in case someone didn't know where it was.  I'm not sure you can see clearly what I'm about to tell you even if you enlarge the picture by clcking on it but what I am about to say is true and the reason for the picture. 

A fluffy white substance was fallingand it stronly resembled snow and the ground was covered in this white fluffy stuff so thick it looked as if the ground was covered in a heavy dusting of snow.  This stuff was only falling in one localized area not far from where the oak tree is just before  exiting the hiking trail near the bathroom.  This was last month.  The wife and I had gone to Myrtle Beach to attend the Singing in the Sun and this was the day before the concert. 
   

No comments: