Friday, February 15, 2013

10 formerly popular girls names

Joyce, ranked 969.  I had a cousin named Joyce and went to school with a Joyce. 
Rosanne, ranked 14, 265.  Of course most people know Roseanne Barr.  I knew a Roseanna once, the daughter of a good friend.  Hattie, number 993, is my mother-in-laws name.  Dorothy, number 937, was the name of a former girlfriend.  Madeline was the name of one of my favorite comedians.  You might remember her from Blazing Saddles with her rendition of "I'm so tired". 

Willow is another pretty name and the name of the girl who was one of Buffy the Vampire Slayers sidekicks and also one of the stars of "How I met your Mother".  And who could forget Pamela Anderson?  I've know many a girl named Pam and even dated a couple, one from Huntsville, Texas and one from Opelika, Alabama. 

Anne, number 996, was the first name of a girl I had a crush on in high school.  Leona at 929 is the name of that mean woman, Mrs. Helmsly. 

The last name on the list, Janet, is the 951st popular name.  I'm sure most of us have heart of Janet Jackson. 

So I know people with 5 of these formerly popular names and know of the other five. 
How about you? 

No comments: