Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I'm back with the Asheboro paper

As a present an in-law purchased a subscription to the Courier-Tribune for me and after a couple of years I dropped them and started taking the News and Record.  One of the main reseanos I dropped the Asheboro paper is that someone had damaged my newspaper box and I repeated asked that it be replaced but it never was. 

With the News and Rrecord I received a new set-up.  I liked some of the expanded sections.  However the paper wasn't always delivered and when it was no one could be quite sure what time of day it would get here.  I missed the local stories about what was happening in my community.  I get my state, national, and world news from TV and the internet and I can find out the important stories from Greensboro and Winston-Salem there as well.  But there isn't anything about my friends and neighbors any where but hte courier-Tribune. 

I like the law log and the gardening section and I did enjoy some of the local feature writers  work even though I don't always like them personally or agree with their viewpoint. 

But most of all I liked the dependability of my delivery person.  I know when I get up at 4 am on a bitterly cold and maybe rainy morning and head out to the  curb, my paper was nice and dry in the delivery box where it should be. 

No comments: