Sunday, February 17, 2013

homemade Pimento cheese

I like pimento cheese on celery as a snack but I don't buy pimento cheese at the grocery store because i don't think it has much flavor and it costs too much.  Today I decided to make my own.  I purc hased an eight ounce block of sharp cheddar cheese and a 4 oz jar of pimentos.  I sherred the cheese, added the pinmentos, mixed it some Duke's sprinkled in some salt and pepper and had a delicious treat.  Believe me, it is much better than anything Star or Ruth's ever produced; and much cheaper too. 

Of course, one can make variations on this simple recipe acording to ones taste.  Four ounces of cheddar and some Monteray or Colby cheese can be used or use four ounches of cheddar and some pepper jack.  Whatever ones taste.  But the recipe is still simple an easy.  I purchase the block and shred it because it is cheaper than the already shredded but to save some time call the General uh, I mean, by all means use the shredded cheese.     

No comments: