Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Jury Duty, Part II

Today was my second day of jury duty and much to my dread, I was chosen to sit on the jury and it was a murder case. After the prosecutor asked his questions and I had to tell an embarrassing story about myself, I was accepted.

However, the defense attorney saw fit to dismiss me so I was excused for the week. I always wanted to serve on a jury, especially since I write crime stories but I suppose the defense attorney didn't like that I felt that if a person was guilty I'f vote wuilty and if he wasn't I'd vote not-quilty. I suppose there are varying degrees of guilt but the defense attorney didn't feel he wanted to take the chance that I'm not as open minded or fasir as he would have liked.

It was with mixed emotions that I accepted my dismissal.

No comments: