Thursday, July 07, 2011

Town forgotten

It seems Randleman, NC has bee forgotten by the big westher systems moving through this area this summer. I have had only one significant rainfall in the last two months or so but surrounding areas have had plenty of rain. The last three times I have gone to Hickory to visit my mother I have encountered rainfall in Winston-Salem all the way through High Point but no rain at all in Randalman. Yesterday was no exception. I understsnd even Asheboro received an inch of rain yesterday.

From the time I exited onto US 311 in Winston-Salem, one would have thought I had encountered a vehicle accident because the traffic was at a stands till and moved fairly slowly until the exit off 311 (the new one) onto Hwy I-85. Traffic was lined up on both side of the highway, parked until the big storm passed, and what traffic was moving was creeping along.

Except for one brief strenth of Highway about a mile in legth in which no rain had fallen, it rained extremely hard from W-S all the way through High Point until one got to the sign on 311 that said Asheboro. The rainslowed to a sprinkle and then stopped completely for the last three miles of 311 and all of the remainder of the drive on old 311 into Rasndleman.

O would appriciate a good rainfall at my place and so would my garden, water ponds, and flowers as well as the grass.

No comments: