Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Shrinking faith

Since October of 2010, there have been at least two churches in Randleman cease operation. One was a little white church, similar in size to the one I attend, on US 311 just as one crosses the railroad tracks in front of Tank and Tummy. It was a Free Will Baptist church. The other was New Life Baptist church where the pastor was arrested and charged with sec crimes involving two minor children.

It is my hope in that case that he not be guilty.

When I was young it seemed almost everyone was a Christian and none questioned the faith. But as the years go by it seems les and less people believe and more and more people poke fun at believers and the faith.

I've also noticed that many churches seem more like social clubs than religious organizations and what preaching is done is more of a social gospel.

The more convinced I become of the reality of God the less it seems the world wants to know.

No comments: