Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Attitude

I was standing in an aisle looking at a display on the endcap when a woman and her daughter approached me.  Where I was standing wasn't in the area between two sets of shelving but in the main aisle that is wide and runs the with of the store.  The customer and her daughter had plenty of room to manuever around me or even in front of me had they so desired but instead the woman said "Excuse me" but not in the polite term like when someone is asking for forgiveness or in a way for apologizing for having to ask you to grant them a priviledge but in the condescending matter in like "you are in my way and should apologize to me for making my life inconvenient."  You know the tone, like dragging the word out "Excuuuuse meee!" 
  She had plenty of room, and her request for me to move wasn't done because I was blocking her progress but because of my skin color and her attitude.  I refused. Don't even try to bully me.  

No comments: